It’s almost that time of year again! October 15th is approaching quickly! The Annual Enrollment Period (AEP) is one of the most anticipated days of the year in the world of Medicare brokers. Let’s admit that saying you’ll be busy might feel like an understatement. However, Plan Advisors is here to help you prepare and ensure you have the resources you need for your most successful AEP yet.
- Get Contracted NOW – The closer AEP is, the more brokers there are vying to get an appointment for new plans. Now is the time to prepare for your carrier appointments. Take it from us – you don’t want to be stuck at the back of the line!
- AHIP or NAHU – Don’t forget to do your annual training! AHIP is universally recognized, but NAHU is cheaper, offers CE credits, and is growing its carrier base daily. Whichever you choose to pursue, you don’t want to wait too long.
- Complete Carrier Specific Certifications – It is fairly common that you will not only need to submit your AHIP or NAHU certification but also to complete specific MA plan training. The more quickly you can get your certifications out of the way, the more time you’ll be able to dedicate your time to marketing and selling. There is no time like the present to get started on your carrier certifications for any new plans you want to represent in 2023.
- Get Familiar with Online Enrollment Platforms – With digital enrollment tools being utilized more than ever, it is vital that you learn the best tips and tricks to use them to your advantage. Whether it’s a carrier-specific enrollment platform or MedicareCENTER, you’ll want to create strategies that use them effectively.
- Get Familiar with Broker Portals –If you aren’t sure where to access things like plan materials, commission reports, customer service submission, and much more, then you need to become more familiar with our online Broker Portal. Having a thorough understanding of this tool can have a major impact on your business.
If there is one tip that can be seen repeatedly, it’s that you should never wait to get things done when it comes to AEP. Whether it’s appointments or certifications, the sooner you can get them done, the better you’ll be able to serve your book of business, new and old. It is never too late to start preparing, gathering materials, and getting ahead of the rush for the 2022 Annual Enrollment Period.