Humana is making it easier than ever to get certified (or re-certified) to sell their array of Medicare Advantage and Part D prescription drug plans for the 2022 selling season.
This year, the courses will launch through Humana MarketPoint University on June 29, 2021. Brokers will have until November 30, 2021 to complete certification or recertification.
Expanded Options for Completing CMS Required Training
Starting with the 2022 plan year, Humana is allowing participating brokers to choose between AHIP or NAHU Medicare training programs to become certified to sell Humana.
Either option will be made available through Humana MarketPoint University at a discounted rate! Brokers must enroll in the PY22 Certification or Recertification course within Humana MarketPoint University to receive the discount.
Getting Certified to Sell Humana Plans with AHIP
Here are a few details you need to know if you choose to get certified to sell 2022 Humana plans through AHIP:
- Brokers will receive Humana’s discounted rate of $125 (versus the regular AHIP rate of $175) when enrolling through Humana MarketPoint University’s PY22 Certification or Recertification course.
- AHIP is widely accepted by other carriers.
- A Spanish version will be made available after the June 29th launch. Look for additional communications on Spanish versions.
Choosing NAHU to Get Certified to Sell Humana 2022 Plans
If you choose not to use AHIP to get certified, you can complete your certification through NAHU instead. Here’s what you need to know:
- Brokers will receive Humana’s discounted rate of $90 when enrolling through Humana MarketPoint University’s PY22 Certification or Recertification course.
- CE credits are included!
- Brokers should check with other carriers to see if training course is accepted.
Remember, the earlier you get in CMS compliance and carrier certified for 2022 AEP, the sooner you can move on to marketing and hustling!
CLICK HERE for complete details on Humana certification dates and changes.