Whether you like it or not, if you want to sell Medicare, you must complete your AHIP certification. This paid certification consists of two courses: Medicare and Fraud, Waste, and Abuse (FWA). If you fail the test three times, many carriers won’t accept you in a given year. Therefore you must do the work to be prepared for whatever the certification may throw your way.
Here are some tried and true ways to make sure that you pass your AHIP with flying colors:
- Save a copy of each AHIP Module.
- Have the modules available when taking the test. If you get stuck on a question, you can search the modules using specific words and phrases using the hourglass.
- Take each review test until you receive a score of 100% – then you are ready to move on.
- All review tests need to be taken in order to take the final exam.
- When taking the test, read each question carefully.
- You will need 4-6 hours to review all the modules and take the test.
- Modules 4 and 5 have “timed” pages – You will need to view each page in order to take the final exam.
- You may want to take a break in between the Medicare modules and the FWA modules.
Here are some other tips and tricks straight from agents taking the exam:
These are just a few examples of how agents across the country use different tools to pass their AHIP certifications.
We hope these tips are helpful as you prepare to get your certification. Join our Facebook group to share other advice that you may have about taking the AHIP!